Sunday, June 14, 2009

Quilt for Martina

My cousin,Florencia, in Argentina had a baby back in March right after little Madeleine was born. I wanted to do something for my family that I never get to see Although I have met Florencia once. It was probably colse to 10 years ago she came to Utah to visit and stayed with us. I had so much fun with her even though our communication was little to NONE!! She speaks spanish and all of you that know anything about me know that I do not speak spainish at all even though I had 2 years of it in school not to mention my mother speaking spanish fluently my whole life(I know I am LAME!!!) I have so many fun memories with her and feel a connection with her even though we dont talk much. SO back to what I was originally posting about..... I made her little girl Martina a quilt and sent it out this week. I LOVED how this quilt turned out and hope they both like it!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

That is so awesome Nat! You are amazing! What a great cousin you are!! I'm sure they are both going to LOVE IT!!!

Rachael said...

that is so cute! I love it!