Tuesday, July 6, 2010

okay, okay

So I've contemplated quitting the blog all together I am SO behind and its not just with little stupid things, I freaking had my baby, but as I was going through blogs I really want to have Siena's milestones on here and be able to remember the "little" things that she does so I don't even know how to start but I will try anyway......


Siena Lund
Born July 6,2010
7:12 p.m
5 lbs 3oz
19.5 inches




And boy was that a day! It started out as me exactly 40 weeks pregnant going in for my weekly appointment with Dr. England! At this point I have had ZERO contractions and I was planning on having her on my induction date of July 12. Well like I said I was going in for my appointment and as I am getting my blood pressure checked I hear a Ding, Ding, Ding from the machine. Now this is not odd for me pretty much every visit since I was about 25 weeks along my blood pressure had been high so I go in and lie down so the nurse can re-check in in 10 minuets. Well Dr. England comes in instead and checks me. As usual I am ZERO everything!! He talks to me about my blood pressure but as usual just wants them to re-check me after I lie down but makes sure that I for sure give them a urine sample. So 10 min after a nurse walks in and checks my BP and its even higher!!! SO I run in to the bathroom to give my sample and it comes back that I have protein in my urine so back to waiting for Dr. England again. He comes in and starts talking to me about pre-clampsia that I have and tells me that he wants to go ahead and induce me TODAY!!! But advises me that it will be a LONG labor. I am excited and nervous at the same time but then I think. I cant have my baby today my hair is a mess(LBH it was curly and on day 3) and my kitchen is messy etc, etc, etc. SO I ask, can I go home and shower first? He tells me to come back to the Hospital and check in at 2. So I run home call Rob on the way and tell him we are having her today!! I shower, clean my kitchen get ready and at 2:00p.m we walk into the hospital to check in. First they gave me some medicine before they start me with the pictosin and I am just lying there hooked up to the machines relaxing. And to make a long story short, Siena was not handling the labor well. I had not even really started to go into labor and her heart rate kept on dropping so Dr. England told me we were going to have an emergency C-section. So here we are getting ready for the surgery

Rob calming my nerves

Proud Papa to be
Me getting my Spinal Block

Our Beautiful Siena

Our First Family Photo

No comments: