Sunday, March 1, 2009

Alysha's Baby Shower

Alysha is my good friend from the good old college days down in Cedar City. She is due with her first little girl in the end of March. I wanted to make her something really cute and lately I have been living at a little Fabric shop in South Jordan called Material Girls. (Namely the reason for not blogging) I have developed a new hobby and may I say I am LOVING it! Rob certainly is not since he got our AMEX bill but I am having fun and thats what counts isnt it?!! Anyway back to Alysha-- We were invited to her baby shower a couple of weeks ago and I ended up making her the cutest little sleep sac, some burp cloths,and a travel diaper and wipe case. I am not trying to brag or anything and I am sure there are a million people who can do this with their eyes closed but I am so proud of what I made!


I am also in the middle of making the baby bedding for my sisters baby that is due at the end of March as well so I am turning into a little seamstress-- well that might be being too generous but I am having fun! I will post more of my finished projects when I am done with them!

13 comments:

Ginnie said...

Ummmm, I can't even do that with my eyes open. You're amazing!

Kristen said...

So cute! I also am trying to be more creative. My sister has made some cute little onies for her little one so I am trying to copy. If they turn out cute I will post them. If I don't post them I might be calling you for lessons.

Kathy said...

So cute!

Grand Pooba said...

That is darling!!!

Rachael said...

soooo cute! your talented girl!

Janessa Taylor said...

LBH...you are a total Martha Stewart!! (but you know...one without a criminal record of course)

*Jane Lee* said...

These are GORGEOUS!! If I'm having a girl(s), will you make some for me? You are SO talented! I wish I knew how to sew...

Kristi said...

I am TOTALLY impressed...and a little jealous. Let me know when you start teaching classes. Love you!

Katie said...

Wow, Nat, those are so cute. Well done! HOpe things are going well for you guys. I think I am going to come home in August so we'll get together then!

Colleen said...

Nat you are amazing! You need to teach me some of your skills! I think that is awesome!! And you should be bragging...those are super adorable!!

Mandy said...

Nat...I am impressed!! Very good!! They are darling!!! I can't wait to see the baby bedding! I am contemplating making our little girl baby bedding or just buying it. I can't find what I'm picturing in my head so I may just have a go, and try to make it.... Maybe you can give me some good tips or something. I haven't sewn anything in years.
Oh.. and you have every right to show them off. You did a good job, they are so cute!!
Way to go Natalie.. Way to go
(clap, clap)
Way to go Natalie.. Way to go
(clap, clap)!
I can't wait to see you in May!

Megan Kyle and Porter Cross said...

Thats it! I am having a girl next. And you will love her so much that you will feel so enticed to fill a closet and diaper bag full of your craftiness or keep teaching me and I'll do it :)

Rachel Lovato said...

WOW! Natalie! I am truly impressed!! Are you taking orders???